Our Old Building

                                                                                                 

                                   Our Old Building

The legacy of our local church extends all the way back to June 1914. Reverend Warren Jones was an evangelist, and conducted “tent meetings” (church under a tent) and formed the Lowell First Church of the Nazarene with 13 charter members.  After Rev. Jones left, the church continued to meet in people’s homes, in store fronts, and other locations for the next 20 years.

In 1934, the church had its first pastor, Mrs. Florence Lewis.  Then in 1936 the church was officially organized under the leadership of Rev. Fry.  Land was purchased in 1939 at the corner of Clark St. and Jefferson in downtown Lowell.  With plans underway for the construction of a building (built by the church members), once the basement was finished, services were held in the lower level auditorium.  In 1942, the building, which still stands today (inset picture), was finished and dedicated.  All this happened under the ministry of Rev. Wesche.

In 1968, land was purchased and Rev. Hansen oversaw the construction of our current building.  In May 1974 the building was finished and dedicated.

From 1974 to the current day, our church has been the home of many pastors.  Through all these years, God has continued to be faithful to our church family.  One word that would sum up the legacy of our church history is this: commitment.